Start a new topic

New installation (fr)

Hi there,

Just received my charging station yesterday. Built and connected it today but unfortunately, nothing happen on the screen when I first powered it up

IMG1970.jpg
(2.28 MB)

I have the same problem. I've put in a support ticket and called (voice mail box full) and am wondering what the status of Open EVSE is these days.

Did you hear anything back? If I can't get a response from support I may try ordering a new module and/or display, and/or requesting a chargeback if I can't get a response from OpenEVSE. I've ordered a few things in the past and always been plesantly suprised by the responsiveness, so hopefully all is well with the team behind the scenes and this is just a temporary hiccup.

I cant find a support ticket for either of you. Do you have a ticket number?

We get tons of SPAM so sometimes tickets get lost or burried.

@Jeremy

I have reviewed your images. 

Your AC INPUT and OUTPUT EV cable are swapped. The red and black wire that power the OpenEVSE controller are on your EV Output. The controller is not getting any power. 

Also the temp sensor is installed lower in the enclosure near many high voltage wires. This should be moved high in the enclosure away from high voltage wires.

Hi, 

On my side, it's ok, I missed something when I built the station... Thanks for temp sensor, I will move it.

For the ticket issue, yes I got that number : 87536 (but same message so it's ok)

I have one last issue : delivered power is always 0Wh... I try different thing but nothing seems working

HEIC
(1.61 MB)

@Jeremy

We would suggest re-routing the current measurement coil wire (the coil with 2 wires) low in the enclosure under all the power wires. Check that he connection at the controller is secure.

Ok so I have to switch the 2 coils that's it ? 2 wires lower and 4 wires on top of it ?

@Jeremy - Just reroute the coil with 2 wires and ensure it is securely connected. The Ground fault coil with 4 wires is fine, it looks like the wires are already routed low.

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay, I was not at home these last days...

I try something like in attached pictures but unfortunately, "delivered" stay to 0 Wh

IMG2003.jpeg
(2.72 MB)
IMG2004.jpeg
(2.72 MB)

Any other suggestions please ? Can I replace coils ? Thanks

There is not much to fail on the coil. You can test it with a multimeter and measure the resistance. If the connection is secure and the coil is good, the controller would need to be replaced.

1 person likes this

Ok, I'll do coils test on wednesday and come back to you.

Thanks again

Hi,

I got 20,5 Ohms on the 2 wires coil (22 Ohms on the controller's pins)

So controller's bad ?

Hmmm, Both are testing exactly where they should be.

So... Ghosts ?

Login or Signup to post a comment