Start a new topic

button behaviour

Hi All,

Im running the latest hardware and firmware version 4.0.0

Ive just fitted a button to the unit and the aim of this was to toggle modes between eco and normal.

I cant find any documentation on what the button behaviour should be but what I am experiencing seems a bit odd. 

When I single click the button I get no change. When I double click it I get a change to "manual override" but also this seems to reset the wifi enabling the hotspot. Other settings are retained.

Any thoughts? is this a bug? 

Thanks, MikeC

I have

Is there documentation as the OP mentioned that describes the expected function of the button?  If I buy it, what will it do for me.

The button documentation shows the button connected to the LCD module, does it now need to be connected to the Wifi module instead?

Is it possible to just read the status of the button so that its function can be control by my external controller (Home Assistant for example)? 

I have the "Advanced Series Controller 40/48A" purchased about 8 months ago.  It came without the button.  I want to switch out of Divert mode if someone presses the button.

The button processing has just been moved from the OpenEVSE controller to the WiFi, there are a couple of known issues (see below). The button does not toggle between eco and normal but that is a good idea, it currently is an override for START STOP timers.

@glynhudson glynhudson released this on Feb 17

In this significant update to the control of the LCD display and timer functions. V4.x now includes timers for LCD units with or without the real-time clock (RTC) hardware.

IMPORTANT: Breaking change! This release recommends a minimum of 7.1.2 of the OpenEVSE controller firmware, some advanced features do not function on older firmware.

Instructions on updating the OpenEVSE firmware see How to Load OpenEVSE Firmware (WinAVR)

• Time & timer functions moved from the open_evse controller to the ESP32 WiFi
  • Hardware RTC & coin cell battery removed from LCD
  • More information now shown via LCD cycling e.g lifetime kWh, EVSE temp, how long is left until schedule end-time
  • Not yet implemented but now possible to implement more advanced timer functions e.g weekly schedule
  • openevse_wifi_v1 hardware has replaced the openevse_huzzah32_idf is now the default firmware build target
  • RGB Neopixel LED's
  • Car connection status is now reported via API and UI

Video demo

Known Issues

• Manual push button override does not yet work push button is working but functionality is being improved #147
  • Before updating to this Beta version existing START STOP timers must be removed #170

Login or Signup to post a comment