Start a new topic

Problem to Setup WiFi

I'm in trouble to setup WiFi to connect to my network . First of all, I coudn't connect on OpenEVSE wifi, the default username: admin password: openevse didn't work, so after trying several times to login and searching for a solution I saw the post https://github.com/OpenEVSE/ESP8266_WiFi_v2.x/issues/137 and did the hardware rest on the Wifi module holding down the GPIO0 button. After this, the OpenEVSE wifi didn't ask to login and I could connect on my network, but I coudn't acess the next screen so I can't configure the energy monitoring. I tried navigate to the IP address shown on display(192.168.4.1), http://openevse.local/, and http:openevse/ and none of this worked. I'm stuck on this screen,I would appreciate it if someone could help me. Sorry for my english, I'm brazilian and it's not my native language 

After your station connects to your wifi it will reboot.

A new address for your network will be on the display.

Use the new address to continue.

I went through the steps where I connected to 192.168.4.1, saw my home network, typed in my password and then hit connect. I don't know how to get back to the display on the openevse to show its IP address. So I looked on my router information and it shows that the EVSE did connect but now the connection is not active. While I was charging my car, it was active but I still couldn't connect to the address. I pasted the information from my router. However I can't ping or bring up the web server from the EVSE from the 192.168.1.216 address. The unit charges my car fine and I love it, just want to get the WiFi connected. Thanks.

Meant to ask, is there a way to reset the WiFi to the startup state so I can try again and verify that the WiFi is working? Also is there a way after you connected the EVSE to your home network to find out the IP address on the EVSE itself?

Unplug your station and plug it back in. The IP Address will be displayed on the screen each time the station boots as it connects to your network. If the connection fails it will automatically fall back to setup mode.

You reset to defaults by pressing the GPIO0 button on the wifi module for 10 seconds while the module is powered up.

Thanks, that worked. Still held the same IP address but now I was able to open a browser page and view the status.

My wifi unit has stopped broadcasting.  EVSE is now wall mounted outdoors, so it's very awkward to get at any pins or buttons on the wifi module while powered up (also kind of risky working inside the box cover with the high voltage AC live!)

I made a separate topic post about the failure mode so won't repeat it here.  I think the wifi reset switch ought to be (a) triggerable via the front panel button menu system or (b) accessible as an external physical switch.  Tinkering around with an open lid and the system live at 220v sounds pretty sketchy to me.

My wifi is normaly broadcasting but the EVSE WIFI module doesn't connect to my wireless network by following your standard procedure. The unit doesn't configure wifi from it's factory-default state to my wifi network.

When accessing 192.168.4.1 the unit do not take the ssid/password and do not connect to my LAN. 

To make things worst I've changed the factory-default wifi settings user openEVSE & password openevse.

I turned off-on the unit many times and the startup display always shows the factory-default wifi settings, but when I try to access by 192.168.4.1 the web window asks for user & password but it doesnt accept the factory-default settings neither the new user & password I've created.

The display shows firmware version OpenEVSE WIFI 2.7.6.

This EVSE is the Advanced Series - 32A Mennekes IEC Type 2 Mennekes Kit Bundle bought by middle 2019.

This EVSE is wall mounted outdoors, so it's very awkward to open it and get at any pins or button on the wifi module even if I have circuit breakers to unit's power down.

What to you recomend to do?

Would you have a new wifi and/or EVSE firmware version to make possible the wifi reset triggerable via the front panel button menu system? 

@Oprofeta

Resetting Wi-Fi security from a external button on an outdoor station would be a HUGE security risk. Anyone walking up could take control of your station.

The WiFi can be reset to factory defaults with the internal GPIO 0 button on the WiFi module, you will have to remove the lid and press the button for 10 seconds while the module is powered. 

The module can be powered with a USB serial adapter or the station. If you use the station use caution as there will be high voltage on the input.

Many thanks for the explanations.

Login or Signup to post a comment