Start a new topic

Simple OpenEVSE without GFI

Hello,

I have built two OpenEVSE almost two years ago and they are working great with my Renault ZOE. I am really happy with the car an this changing station. I now wanted to build a new OpenEVSE as an Arduino addon shield.

I'm using an existing RCD "Type B", so I am not using any of the built in current sense and GFI functionality from the code. That's why I uncomment the following #defines:

#define AMMETER
#define TIME_LIMIT
#define GFI
#define GFI_SELFTEST
#define UL_COMPLIANT
#define UL_GFI_SELFTEST
#define TEMPERATURE_MONITORING
#define ADVPWR
#define SAMPLE_ACPINS
#define RTC 

The problem is that I cannot compile the sketch:

sketch\J1772EvseController.cpp: In member function 'long unsigned int J1772EVSEController::GetResetMs()':

J1772EvseController.cpp:1578: error: 'GFI_TIMEOUT' was not declared in this scope

return GFI_TIMEOUT - (millis() - ((m_EvseState == EVSE_STATE_GFCI_FAULT) ? m_GfiFaultStartMs : m_NoGndStart));

^

J1772EvseController.cpp:1578: error: 'm_GfiFaultStartMs' was not declared in this scope

return GFI_TIMEOUT - (millis() - ((m_EvseState == EVSE_STATE_GFCI_FAULT) ? m_GfiFaultStartMs : m_NoGndStart));

^

J1772EvseController.cpp:1578: error: 'm_NoGndStart' was not declared in this scope

^

exit status 1
'GFI_TIMEOUT' was not declared in this scope

I am using Arduino IDE 1.6.13 and an Arduino Uno board. OpenEVSE sketch is version "3.11.3".

I am stuck here because the sketch should compile because GFI_TIMEOUT is defined in line 414 (openevse.h) for !GFI_TESTING.

Can anyone help me with this issue or suggest an working set of defines when not using any GFI functionality?

One more question: Do I have to pull GFCI_INT manually low externally?

Best regards,

Sam

Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply. I used the latest firmware on my board but after showing the disabled tests the device is stuck at the screen "Power On Self Test" with the white LED backlight. When entering and exiting the menu using the button the white LED backlight stays on and nothing is displayed at the LCD anymore. The menu seems to work properly, but it seems that the device is waiting for something during this "Power On Self Test". I thought this is related to the GFCI functionality.

Sam

Hi Sam the best way to disable GFCI is to not plug in a coil and ensure GFCI Self Test is disabled in the LCD menu. There is no need to remove it from the code.

Chris

Hi ZOE Sam, 
Did you turn off GFI?
Login or Signup to post a comment