Start a new topic

Charge not (re)starting depending on EV

Hello,

I have OpenEVSE with LCD Wifi Screen and EVSE v5.6.

I am running firmware 8.2.3 (OpenEVSE) and 5.1.2 (WiFi).

I have two EV cars at home :

- Hyundai IONIQ 28 (2019)

- Tesla model 3 (2021)

My 2 cars are setup to start charge immediately (no schedule) and use max current available.

On my Hyundai, charge is not starting at all. Car seems to detect charger, cable is locked but OpenEVSE does not detect the car (status is : active, car not connected).

On my Tesla, the first start is successful. I can charge and change current. But when I disable charge (either on the UI or via API I can't resume it either from the car or from the charger. I have an error on the car "charger is not ready" and no error on OpenEVSE, just a status "active, car not connected".

I tried different setups with "default state", enabling and disabling Pause Status, scheduler random start adjust and default state... Always have the same error.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I tried to downgrade firmware to 5.1.0 (WiFi LCD) and several versions 8.x on EVSE and I still have the same problem. My IONIQ seems not to be detected by EVSE charger.

What can I do to identify the problem ?

Thank you for your help.

The Hyundai issue seems like a CP control pilot issue. The vehicle detects the plug via the resistor on PP Proximity and station detects the vehicle resistor on the CP control pilot line.

Disable is an not ready error state sending the pilot LOW. This may cause the vehicle to require a new session to resume charging. Sleep is a better option, it is a not ready state but not an error this puts the pilot HIGH.

Just a note... OpenEVSE has not tested firmware 8.2.3, the developer that compiled that version enabled some experimental heartbeat features and it is not compatible with non-wifi or older Wifi versions. We are not sure this has anything to do with your issues but we recommend 8.2.2.

1 person likes this

Hi, thank for your answer.

I just made a last try with firmware 8.2.2 (EU version) with and without sleep option activated.

Still have the same problem with my IONIQ.

The CP cable seems to be well connected on the EVSE. 

What can I do to test if the problem is really on CP cable ?

Regards

The socket of the vehicle has a resistor that pulls the 12v on the control pilot down to 9v. As soon as the station detects the voltage drop from the simple resistor the station will change from "Ready" to "Connected" or "Charging".

OK, so I just have to check with a multimeter wich voltage I have on the control pilot before and after vehicule is connected.

I will try that, thanks.

Login or Signup to post a comment