Start a new topic

Humidity and condensation

So I built and installed my OpenEVSE last week. And I was checking temps and stuff today and noticed condensation inside the enclosure (it was like 40F outside, and like 60F inside the enclosure).

So question, is that appropriate? Should I throw silica gel in the enclosure? Or is that worse than the condensation?

there is no obvious holes or gaps in the enclosure?    could have been just the moisture you trapped in there when it was built..  silica wont harm anything in there..  so it wouldn't hurt anything.   I use the color changing stuff (blue to pink) at work, you can toss it in the microwave for a while to boil the water out of it and "replenish" it.   plus it lets you see that its working.       I dont use the openevse enclosure so i cant speak to how "tight" it is, but if you can squeeze it an hear any air, then its going to pull in moisture as the case expands and contracts with temperature changes. 

The enclosure is full sealed. The only penertations are the cable glands and the lid. Throw a copple silica packs in the bottom and ensure the glands to enclosure, gland to cable and lid are tight.

Login or Signup to post a comment