Start a new topic

assembly instructions issues

I am having a lot of issues just assembling the OpenEVSE because the instructions are not matching up with the parts that are referenced in pictures in the "Current - v5.5 OpenEVSE Advanced and Value".

I cant find any of the 1/2" self threading screws for the relay, but I did find 5 of the 1/4" self threading screws which appear to match the holes necessary.

I cant find any "relay coil harness" that looks anywhere close to the one pictured.   I am guessing it is the harness with the six spade connectors but no idea which one goes where.  I have no idea how to attach the said harness. 

It would be really helpful if there where pictures of the screws and all parts so I could match them up with what the instruction where referring to instead of trying to guess at the difference between the multiple screw types.  It would also be good to just list how many of each part there should be to make sure I have proper numbers.

The FIRST step in the assembly should have a parts list with all the pictures of each part and the name of the part so there is no guessing.  

I am suck now, I was really hoping for better.  

Also the display is different the the one pictured.  I had to guess at the orientation of the display since the pictures do not match and there is no silk screen on it to give you any hints.  I guessed that the connector was facing towards the inside.  I would expect the holes on the display to be big enough so it was not necessary to tap them which made the display rise while trying to screw it down.  Also it would of been good if there was enough clearance between the two display PCB's so that I did not have to chomp pieces off so I could screw the screws on stright.  I had to nip pieces off with the side cutters so the second PCB was not in the way.  

https://imgur.com/a/6tBBNDh  < in case the image are hard to view. 

Also the display is different than the one pictured in the instructions.  So I had to guess as the orientation since I had no picture to reference.  I had to guess that the connector goes toward the middle.  

The holes for the display should be big enough so that the threaded screws are not moving the display while I am trying to screw it down to the case that I have to tap it.

Also the top PCB for the case should have better clearances so it is not blocking the screws.  The top PCB blacked the screws from going in stright so I had to snip off the corners which is very disappointing.  Why am I having to snip pieces of the PCB board just to make the pieces fit?

https://imgur.com/a/6tBBNDh  < pictures of the issues.

Also the display is different than the one pictured in the instructions. So I had to guess as the orientation since I had no picture to reference. I had to guess that the connector goes toward the middle.  

The holes for the display should be big enough so that the threaded screws are not moving the display while I am trying to screw it down to the case that I have to tap it.

Also the top PCB for the case should have better clearances so it is not blocking the screws. The top PCB blacked the screws from going in stright so I had to snip off the corners which is very disappointing. Why am I having to snip pieces of the PCB board just to make the pieces fit?

https://imgur.com/a/6tBBNDh < pictures of the issues.

Tapping and modification is not required. The screws will self tap with a normal #1 phillips manual or electric driver.

If printed silkscreen text is right side up the display is correct. If the printed text is upside down the display is upside down.

Login or Signup to post a comment