Start a new topic

problem with delayed charging and lifetime cumulative energy

I hope this is the right place for this.

I recently installed an openEVSE (current firmware) and I have a few questions / problems.

1) Delayed charging is not working for me.  I drive a Think, which is older and does not fully support the current version of J1772 (for example, it will not stop charging when you push the trigger on the gun).  But I tested delayed charging at a friend's house on his openEVSE (older firmware) and it worked.  When I set delayed charging on my unit, the EVSE closes the contactor at the set time, but the car does not charge.  Oddly, the wh do begin counting up very slowly, but the current shows 0amps.  I think it may be charging the 12V through the DC-DC converter?  But the traction battery does not charge.  Any idea what to look at?

2) What is sleep mode?  Whenever I am not charging, and I push the button one time, the EVSE switches to a pink screen and says "sleeping".  Is there any significance to it?  It sounds like it is waiting for something, but I don't see any way to stop sleeping.

3) The lifetime cumulative energy (wh consumed) is way off.  After a charging session, I will note the wh consumed for that session and then push the button to open the contactor.  Then after disconnecting and going back to the ready screen, the lifetime total increments by the amount used during that session.  But each time I toggle between sleep mode and ready mode, the lifetime total increments again.  This is not a huge deal, but I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

1 person has this problem
Login or Signup to post a comment