I will be sending various RAPI commands to the OE via an arduino program. Questions:
1. reset - what is actually "reset"? I don't want to reset total KWH
2. disable - will this be overridden by the Leaf's charge controller? differences from sleep?
3. sleep - what differs from disable?
4. enable - similar questions to disable
Should I be worried about any damage sending any of these commands under any circumstances while actually charging the Leaf?
Is that correct? This format does send other RAPI commands that are acknowledged on the LCD screen ($SC 06 as an example).
1. The "0 0" parameters locate the start at the top/left of the screen?
2. Will the text wrap automatically?
3. What events will overwrite the text?
Solved: Before exiting the arduino program, I've set current above maximum that Leaf will allow as it appears the purpose of the $SC XX command is to set the maximum that a system design will allow (wiring, breakers, etc) and retains that value unless a new maximum is "programmed" in.
I'm having a problem with the amperes command "sticking". It seems that the last "$SC XX" command is set as the current limit - powering down nor reset "$FR*BC" does not allow the leaf itself to set the current limitation - it "sticks" to the last ampere command. My solar program allows me to send RAPI commands directly via bluetooth to the OE (TX/RX), so I can send any command that will reset the current. BTW, I've removed the "menu" button to route the TX/RX and 12 volt power, however, as stated I can send any command via the arduino RAPI protocol.