New Product - OpenEVSE WiFi Kit

New Product - WiFi Module for OpenEVSE based on the Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 Module. 

WiFi Module for OpenEVSE, supports logging current measurement and temperature sensors to the OpenEVSE servers. The WiFi Module provides easy setup by starting up in Access Point Mode allowing the SSID and Password for your network to be input.

Once setup a settings can be modified on the local network via a web browser.

Supported sensors

Current Measurement on OpenEVSE v2.5 or higher
Temperature - RGB LCD v1 or v2
Temperature - RGB LED v2
Temperature - Mono LCD v2

Includes

Huzzah ESP8266 WiFi Module
UBEC 5v Regulated power module
Custom Power communications cable
OpenEVSE WiFi code Pre-loaded

Buy OpenEVSE WiFi Kit

4 people like this

Can I use Telnet or SSH to communicate to the Open EVSE via the WiFi's IP address? I have Firmware 3.10.3

Chris H, In your post above with graph, how did you get the Main Power data stream?

The Wifi module currently only supports http, If a library is created I will add SSH.

Main power is coming from the Rainforest Eagle Gateway and a simple python script. I posted about it in the OpenEVSE Blog. 

I'm not finding an installation guide for the WiFi module, or any information on how to configure it for my SSID and password.

1 person likes this

The guide for Wifi is here:

Wifi Guide

2 people like this
I got the wifi kit working from the guide. My EVSE was assembled by Bret at BSA in Las Vegus Nevada in late 2015. I had already done one F/W update. It's BSA modified F/W (ie non stock) but the WiFi module worked with it fine. I haven't tried sending commands to the EVSE but the monitoring works fine. One problem, led me to remount the module lower down in the EVSE case and only use half of the mounting tape provided. I will try to post an interior view photo of the first mounting spot. Final location was on the oposite wall and lower down. I has worked like a "bought-one" for 4 weeks.
jpg
jpg

I bought a set of Wi-Fi . I want to see how many Ampere now consumes openevse. how to configure it to me ? I have now shows 220 Amp

I bought a set of Wi-Fi . I want to see how many Ampere now consumes openevse. how to configure it to me ? I have now shows 220 Amp

amper.png
(188 KB)
amper 2.png
(187 KB)

The Wifi board sends current in milliamps. So to convert to Amps the feed multiplier should be .001.

If you wish to see in Kw the feed multiplier would be .001 (to convert milliamps to Amps) and then multiplied by voltage. If our voltage is 233 then then .001 x 233 would be .00233 

Chris, I looked at the Huzzah firmware, and it looks like you have a new stable version with enhanced tabbed web interface. Is it considered stable and production ready? I didn't see any official announcements.

No, the new firmware with tabbed interface is still in development. I fixed Github, it looks like I mistakenly pushed an update to the wrong branch.

Login or Signup to post a comment