Start a new topic

Is there a way to have multiple EVSE's talk to each other for total current limiting?

Is there a way to have multiple EVSE's talk to each other for total current limiting?

What i mean is,   say i have 2 or more open EVSE's going to one electrical panel.  for the sake of argument-limiting,  lets say two 32 amp EVSE's each has a 40 amp breaker, but the panel is fed from only 50a.     What i would like to do is have both evse's available at 32 amp, if either one is plugged in they get 32 amps.   if both are plugged in, I can have the limit set to 45A total, so each EVSE would then charge at 22.5A.     Or better yet i can set a priority to one of the EVSE's and they get the full 32A and the lower priority EVSE gets 13A.      

Yes i know i can hard set them  to a specific value, that's not what I'm looking for,   I want it to be dynamic..    so when one EVSE is ramping down the other can ramp up etc..  

1 Comment

Sure can. 

Connect both stations to a MQTT broker. Local would be more reliable. 

Optional. - You can use something like a python script or Node-Red to implement whatever logic you desire, output the results to another MQTT topic.

Use either Current Shaper and subscribe to the topic of the other station or the processed logic topic.

Login or Signup to post a comment