Start a new topic

How to compil ESP8266_WiFi_v2.x-master

Hello,

I want to compil the ESP8266_WiFi_v2.x-master on a ESP8266. I need to compil it to add a statut led WS2812B during charging / plug / error etc...

When I try to compil it, there is lot off error ; i'm lost.

I need :

- #include "openevse.h" 

#include "espal.h" 

- #include "RapiSender.h"

- #include <ConfigOpt.h>

- #include <ConfigJson.h>

and maybe others... it stop to try compil ^^

How to find all this libraries ? When I install Openvese board in toolbox, I have a issue : 

loading hardware from C:\Users\Lemoult\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages: loading package OpenEVSE: loading platform release C:\Users\Lemoult\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\OpenEVSE\hardware\avr\1.0.0: Error reading file: Error parsing data at line 0: Invalid line format, should be 'key=value'

Erreur de compilation pour la carte LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini

I suppose there is something wrong... I already find "arduinoJson" / "ESPAsync", but others I d'ont find them... :(

I just received OpenEVSE 5.5 board ; which version it is ? Will it be compatible with ESP8266_WiFi_v2.x-master ? Do I need to upgrade it to 7.1.3 ?

Best regards

We would recommend Microsoft VS Code with Platform IO. Import the project with the platform.ini file and all dependencies should downloaded automatically.

v2.x WiFi is quite old, the current version is 4.1.0 on ESP32 hardware.  Upgrading controller firmware will not be necessary.

I only have ESP8266 ; will it work with version 4.1.0 ?

I don't know platform IO... I will try, I will come back to you.

ESP8266 will work up to archived version 2.9.1. 3.x and 4.x versions require ESP32.

Hello, ok I buy a ESP32 : 

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B074RGW2VQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I succed to compil the project with plaformIO, but it seem the ESP WIFI is not detected at starting the OpenEVSE ; I don't see the Wifi Version. I just connect power / Tx / Rx, and I cross Rx / Tx of OpenEVSE and ESP32 Wifi of course.

The ESP32 restart continusly (I see this with serial terminal) because it don't find the OpenEVSE board

I don't buy an huzzah esp32, but I think it will be possible to upload the projet on any ESP32 no ? I just need Tx / Rx, it's the same for every ESP32 ? 

Best regards

Hello,

I try to compil with platformIO, it's works yes, but the ESP32 (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B074RGW2VQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) don't find the OpenEVSE board, (don't see any board in the web interface) and the OpenEVSE board don't see the wifi board (no Wifi version at start up)

I just have to connect power supply and Tx / Rx (by crossing them of course) but it doesn't works.

I haven't do any modification in the source code right know, I just want to try both board.

It's not the an huzzah esp32, but a serial port on the esp32 is always the same ; do you think it can be this ? The az-delivery board is very populare purchaser.

Best regards

Other ESP32 boards may work, you may need to edit platform.ini to match the hardware parameters of your particular board specifically the Serial port.

Login or Signup to post a comment